LOCALMOTION ARTS FESTIVAL
A Visual and Performing Arts Experience
Under the umbrella of the City of Hapeville and the newly formed Atlanta Tri-Cities Arts Association – a non-profit 501c3 created to establish a world-class community of creative artists and their installations in the Atlanta Tri-Cities area – the LocalMotion Arts Festival is moving feverishly to develop a festival that meets the following mission and vision:
MISSON: To increase awareness, opportunity, and participation in the arts for all ages in the Atlanta Tri-Cities community.
To fulfill this mission, the LMAF is dedicated to bringing the highest standards of excellence and diverse resources to harness the economic and educational viability of the arts in and around College Park, East Point, and Hapeville.
VISION: The LocalMotion Arts festival’s goal is to develop and deliver a high caliber visual and performing arts event to our community through the following parameters:
• Visual Arts – Giving a primary focus to local arts, while dedicating 90% of total vendor space to a unique and diverse artist who craft original art and wares by the artist only and not allowing any mass-produced merchandise to be sold.
• Performing Arts – To provide education opportunity through workshops. Provide demonstrations by local performing artist. Offer performance opportunities to the community. Honor & award leaders in the community for their dedication to the performing arts.
• Music – Full day of concerts, focusing on local and national caliber acts that are consistent with the LMAF mission through a vast array of genre and styles.
• Education – Expanding the communities’ knowledge of the arts through workshops, demonstrations, and performances the day of and throughout the year. Through these programs brings a commitment to instill confidence, creativity, communication & collaboration skills, citizenship, and character.
• Social Responsibility – To ensure all walks of the community are represented, and to keep the festival focused only on the arts, the LMAF festival will be faith and politically neutral.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE TRI-CITIES ARTS FESTIVAL
Historic charm for starters. The festival is located just south of downtown Atlanta, in Hapeville and is part of the ever growing tri-cities area. With a population of around 60,000, the tri-cities, made up of College Park, East Point and Hapeville is a 10-minute drive from midtown, Grant Park, East Atlanta and 15 minutes from Decatur… and mostly accessible from MARTA. Boasting the fourth largest historic district in Georiga plus three distinct and charming downtown’s this vibrant area is rich in history and culture.
But you’re most likely here for the arts. The LocalMotion Festival is a premier artist destination. While new in theory, the festival has roots from the Historic College Park Arts Festival with 16 years experience under our belts. The LocalMotion Festival has room for hand-crafted works from over 130 artists and will feature performing art performances and seminars, local craft beers on tap, wine, live music, kids games, local community vendors & plenty of great food. It will be fun for all ages.